South Bay Guidance Center
The South Bay Guidance Wellness Recovery Center's services are based on the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation, with emphasis on attending to the whole person and re-establishing one's life as a result of the consequences of mental illness, rather than simply attending to the symptoms of the illness. The services focus on recovery, rehabilitation, and community integration, and are individualized to meet the needs of each client. Clients actively participate in setting service plan goals and are encouraged to involve family and significant others in the recovery plan.
The team at South Bay Guidance Wellness Recovery Center is multi-disciplinary, and consists of psychologists, marriage and family therapists, psychiatrists, nurses, and master's level psychology interns. In addition, the team at SBGWRC is bilingual and bicultural, across all disciplines, in order to linguistically and culturally address the needs of the large Latino population in the South region of San Diego.
In addition to outpatient psychiatric services, the South Bay Guidance Wellness Recovery Center also has three specialized programs: Full Service Partnership Case Management, targeted services for Transition Aged Youth (aged 18-24) and Older Adults (aged 60+).
- Mental Health Evaluations
- Medication Management
- Case Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Service Coordination and Linkage
- Life Skills Development
- Outreach and Education
- Employment Services
- Group and limited Individual, and Family Counseling
- Integrated Services for Mental Health & Substance Use Problems
- Enhanced services for Transitional Aged Youth, 18-24 years old
- Enhanced services for Older Adults, 60+ years old
- Full Service Partnership Case Management
South Bay Guidance Wellness Recovery Center works with clients, their families, significant others and South region community resources to assist clients to reach their individualized goals which may include:
- Reduce or eliminate the effects of mental illness
- Promote wellness, stability, and quality of life
- Prevent or minimize psychiatric episodes resulting in hospitalization
- Assist clients with community integration and self-sufficiency
- Improve functioning in social, volunteer, and employment activities
- from the website.