Mental Health Urgent Care Center
Long Beach, CA
When people are experiencing mental health crises and need help, they can come to the Mental Health Urgent Care Center at Long Beach (MHUCC). As a consumer-focused program, its goals are to provide immediate relief to people in distress and to help them maintain stability in their lives. The program is designed to help people avoid involuntary hospitalization, psych ER visits, and incarceration.
Operated by Telecare Corporation, under contract with the Los Angeles Department of Mental Health, the MHUCC is a family and provider-friendly program. It is not an emergency room or private hospital.
Services and Supports
Services include, but are not limited to:
- access to psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, and other clinical staff
- a safe, respectful environment for people in distress
- medication evaluation and services available
- nourishment available
- appropriate referrals to other community resources
- follow up visits or contacts when appropriate
The Mental Health Urgent Care Center at Long Beach is not a hospital. It is a voluntary program.
- from the website.