MENTAL HEALTH SYSTEMS CONTRA COSTA ACTION TEAM
MHS’ Contra Costa ACTiOn Team provides Assisted Outpatient Treatment (AOT) to individuals that qualify for AB1421/Laura’s Law. The program provides both voluntary and court-ordered services through an Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) model for up to 75 eligible adults in Contra Costa County. All services meet the guidelines described in AB 1421 (Laura’s Law) while respecting the choice, autonomy and dignity of individuals struggling with symptoms of serious mental illness and/or co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
- Outreach, Engagement and Support
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Case Management
- Employment and Housing Assistance
- Medication Management
- Wellness Coaching
- Independent Living Skills
- Community Engagement
Services provided through the Contra Costa ACTiOn Team support consumers living in Contra Costa County who are suffering from persistent mental illness and qualify for AB1421 (Laura’s Law). This Adult Full Service Partnership is a collaborative program that connects the resources of Mental Health Systems, Inc. and Contra Costa County Behavioral Health Services under the auspices of the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA). Eligible recipients must meet all AB 1421 (Laura’s Law) criteria, where the consumer is:
- 18 and older with a persistent mental illness
- Unlikely to survive safely in the community without supervision
- Demonstrates a lack of compliance with mental health treatment as demonstrated by: Hospitalization due to mental illness at least twice in the last 36 months Or one or more acts of violent behavior in the last 48 months
- Resistant to mental health treatment
- Substantially deteriorating
- Likely to benefit from participation
- Likely to avoid relapse or further deterioration with treatment
- Not in need of higher level treatment (participation would be the least restrictive option to ensure recovery and stability)
More information about Contra Costa’s AOT process, including the request for investigation of services can be found at: http://cchealth.org/mentalhealth/lauras-law.php.
- from the website.