Areta Crowell Center
San Diego, CA
Areta Crowell BPSR Center is a Bio-Psychosocial Rehabilitation program of Community Research Foundation that provides integrated, coordinated community-based psychosocial rehabilitation services for adults 18 and older who have serious mental illness, as well as individuals with co-occurring mental health and substance disorders.
Areta Crowell BPSR Center’s services are based on the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation, with emphasis on attending to the whole person and re-establishing one’s life as a result of the consequences of mental illness, rather than simply attending to the symptoms of the illness. The services focus on recovery, rehabilitation, and community integration, and are individualized to meet the needs of each client. Clients actively participate in setting service plan goals and are encouraged to involve family and significant others in the recovery plan.
- Mental Health Evaluations
- Medication Management
- Case Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Service Coordination and Linkage
- Life Skills Development
- Outreach and Education
- Limited Group, Individual, and Family Counseling
- Integrated Services for Mental Health & Substance Use Problems
- Enhanced services for Transitional Aged Youth, 18- 24 years old.
- Enhanced services for Latino adults, 18 and older.
- from the website.