ACMC Highland Campus
Structured Outpatient Program
“The SOP service is designed to be a step down program for individuals completing the PHP or similar program or when more structured care is needed if psychiatric symptoms worsen but daily treatment is unnecessary. SOP provides comprehensive outpatient services for adults experiencing psychiatric problems that can be managed by attending three or less days a week of structure supportive treatment that is four hours in duration. Individual/Group therapy, psychiatric evaluation and medication management services are provided as well as transportation, lunch and snacks. The goal of the program is to assist participants at: (1) avoid decompensation related to an exacerbation of psychiatric symptoms that would otherwise require PHP level or higher services, (2) establishing and maintaining a plan for ongoing recovery.
- Avoid need for PHP services through early intervention
- Attend treatment while living at home
- Develop coping skills for maintaining in community
- Understanding and accepting your diagnosis
- Management of side effects of medications
- Learn problem solving and conflict management skills
- Improve life skills and activities of daily living
Individualized treatment plan is developed for each participant which addressed the medical, psychiatric, psychological and social needs of the individual at their level of care.
The comprehensive treatment program includes:
- Complete medical, psychiatric, psychological evaluation
- Bi-weekly psychiatric assessment by attending psychiatrist
- Bi-monthly individual psychotherapy
- Daily group psychotherapy
- Evaluation and management of psychiatric medications
- Community resources need assessment and coordination
- from the website.