Information about the Facility / About Us
“PHP services are designed to be an alternative to inpatient psychiatric hospitalization for individuals experiencing severe emotional distress that helps them maintain in the community. PHP provides comprehensive short-term structured outpatient treatment for adults living at home and takes place five days a week for five hours per day. Individual/Group therapy, psychiatric evaluation, medication management services are provided as well as transportation, lunch and a morning snack. The goal of the program is to assist participants at avoiding going to the hospital by stabilizing symptoms, developing positive coping skills and modifying troublesome behaviors in a structured and supportive outpatient setting."
- Reduce hospital stays by providing “step down" care
- Attend treatment while living at home
- Weekly medication supervision and management
- Reduce acute symptoms and improve functioning
- Learn positive symptom management/functional skills
- Improve understanding of mental illness and it’s management
- Coordinate re-entry into community after hospitalization
- Prevent decompensation and/or re-hospitalization
- Learn relapse prevention skills
- Maintain important links to family and community
- Promotes safe and effective recovery from an episode of psychiatric illness
An individualized treatment plan in developed for each participant which addresses the medical, psychiatric, psychological and social needs of the person.
The comprehensive treatment program includes:
- Complete medical, psychiatric and psychological evaluation
- Weekly psychiatric assessment by attending psychiatrist
- Daily group psychotherapy
- Weekly individual psychotherapy
- Evaluation and management of psychiatric medications
- Community resource need assessment and coordination
- from the website.